Club Cal Neva History

The Club Cal Neva opened on April 2, 1962 in Reno, Nevada. The only other casinos in Reno at this time were Harrah's, The Nevada Club, Harold's Club and The Golden Casino. Of these casinos, only the Club Cal Neva and Harrah's remain open today. The Club Cal Neva has been open for forty-five years and the only time the casino closed was in November 1963 after President Kennedy was assassinated.

Club Cal Neva, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Reno, is just minutes from the area's major convention and events facilities including just 2 blocks away from the National Bowling Stadium and Reno Events Center.

The hotel offers some of Northern Nevada's lowest rates on comfortable and spacious rooms including rooms with views of the Truckee River. The casino features over 1100 loose slots and table games and was selected by USA Today as "one of 10 great places to court Lady Luck." Three floors of casino gaming action and six restaurants span 2 downtown city blocks!

Inside you'll find downtown Reno's largest Race and Sportsbook, voted "Best Race and Sportsbook" by locals for six consecutive years. The Club Cal Neva also operates 20 satellite sportsbooks located throughout Northern Nevada. Two large parking garages make it easy to park, stay and play!

Downtown Reno | 38 East 2nd Street | Reno Nevada 89501 | 877-777-7303

Copyright © Club Cal Neva. All Rights Reserved. Site Map.
Bullsprig a Reno web design company.